Pillar Medical Associates
Caring for seniors for over 20 years
Pillar Medical Associates is a primary care practice made up of geriatricians and highly trained nurses that:
- Specialize in addressing the complex medical needs of seniors
- Bring medical services directly to those in independent living, assisted living, and memory care
- Partner with mobile x-ray and laboratory services that bring phlebotomy and diagnostic testing directly to the patient
- Guide patients across the healthcare continuum from independent living through skilled care, if needed
- Focus on chronic disease management to minimize transfers to the emergency department and unnecessary hospital stays
- Offer two office locations (Irondequoit and Webster) for those living independently and can also schedule home visits
- Help seniors and their families navigate the complicated health care network
- Advocate for our patients with compassion, understanding and expertise
Brian Heppard, MD, CMD
Brian Heppard, MD, CMD has been caring for older adults across upstate New York for more than 20 years. His knowledge of geriatric medicine and expertise in older adult health care has earned him the respect of patients and peers alike. Dr. Heppard is Board Certified in Family Medicine, Geriatrics, and Hospice & Palliative Care and is a Certified Medical Director. He earned his medical degree from the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and did his fellowship in Geriatrics at the University of Rochester. Before joining Pillar Medical Associates, Dr. Heppard served as Senior Medical Director of Optum-United Health Care. He previously served as Vice President of Medical Services at Jewish Senior Life in Rochester, where he founded the area’s only physician house calls practice. That distinction earned him the Health Care Achievement Award from the Rochester Business Journal in 2010.
Rebecca Kant, DO
Rebecca Kant, DO, completed her undergraduate education at the University of Notre Dame. She went on to Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school before joining the Internal Medicine Residency Program at the University of Colorado. She completed her training with her fellowship in geriatrics at the University of Rochester.
Dr. Kant is the newest member of our medical team. Before joining Pillar Medical Group, Dr. Kant was active in geriatrics research as a resident physician and served as leader of the American Geriatrics Society (AGS) resident chapter in Colorado. Having grown up in Rochester, NY, she is looking forward to providing expert medical care to seniors in her hometown community.
Dr. Kant is board certified in Internal Medicine. She is a member of the American Geriatrics Society (AGS) and Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (AMDA).
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more.
To schedule an appointment, call (585) 697-6416.
Our fax number: 585-444-3280