Leo Center for Caring
Providing highly compassionate care at the end of life is one of the most important things we do. Our Leo Center for Caring provides a home-like atmosphere that ensures dignity, sensitivity and comfort when it matters most. With specialized hospital equipment and a highly trained staff, we provide patients and their families a special opportunity for peace and closeness.
St. Ann’s Community and Visiting Nurse Service partnered to create the Leo Center for Caring, a 10-bed inpatient care center for patients needing short-term hospice and palliative care. The center is located on St. Ann’s Irondequoit campus in the Wegman Transitional Care Center building.
The Leo Center for Caring offers:
- Private rooms that feel like home
- TV, telephone, CD player and private bathroom with shower in each room
- Physician supervision and coverage for each patient
- Around-the-clock visiting privileges for family members
- Overnight accommodations and food service available for family members
- Comfortable living area with kitchen
- Computers with Internet access
- Special support services as needed
Staffed with Caring and Committed Professionals
The Leo Center for Caring provides the expert care that a terminally ill patient needs. Our multi-disciplinary team assures that we can accommodate the changing needs of patients and their loved ones—with both the highest level of skill and the greatest amount of compassion.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
- Pastoral and Counseling Professionals
Contact the Leo Center for Caring at (585) 787-8315.