Leo Center for Caring
Compassionate Care in Supportive Surroundings.
Sometimes an individual’s life is better defined by standards of dignity and quality than by the pages of a calendar.
Providing highly compassionate care at the end of life is one of the most important things we do. Our Leo Center for Caring provides a peaceful atmosphere that ensures dignity, sensitivity and comfort when it matters most. With a highly trained staff and specialized hospital equipment, we provide patients and their families a special opportunity for peace and closeness.
The Leo Center provides skilled nursing with a comfort-care approach for those who are terminally ill with a prognosis of six months or less. We embrace a unique approach that accommodates the changing needs of our patients and their families. To ensure that optimal care is provided at any stage of one’s stay, we have assembled a group of specially trained professionals with extensive hospice care experience who are here to serve you:
- Hospice Medical Director
- Nurse Practitioners
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Registered Nurses (RN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- Medical Social Workers
- Specially Trained Volunteers
- Pastoral Care and Counseling Professionals
Our Medical Director and Nurses are on call around the clock to provide you with the support you need, when you need it.
Thank you for taking the burden that we were so afraid to hand over in such a gentle and caring way. This allowed us to have such peace knowing that the skill and care went towards my mom’s care.
Large patient rooms provide plenty of seating for family members, including a bay window with a window seat in each room. Lounge areas permit families to come together for private conversations in comfortable surroundings.
A well-stocked kitchen welcomes all to gather for a family meal. And family members can remain close and be comfortable as well – a private bathroom with full shower is available specifically for their use.
The Leo Center also has a dedicated meditation room that features a beautiful stained glass wall conducive to quiet reflection.
Other features of the Leo Center for Caring include:
- Private rooms with comfortable furnishings
- TV, telephone, CD player and private bathroom with shower in each room
- Physician supervision and coverage for each patient
- Around-the-clock visiting privileges for family members
- Overnight accommodations and food service available for family members
- Comfortable living area with kitchen
- Computer with Internet access
- Complimentary wi-fi for family members
- Special support services as needed