Leo Center for Caring
Hospice & Palliative Care for Greater Rochester
Sometimes an individual’s life is better defined by standards of dignity and quality than by the pages of a calendar.
The Leo Center for Caring provides hospice and palliative care in an atmosphere that ensures dignity, sensitivity and comfort. Admissions are accepted from the greater community. (You do not have to reside at St. Ann’s). With a highly trained staff and specialized accommodations, we provide patients and their families a special opportunity for peace and closeness.
Compassionate care is provided by a team of specially trained professionals with extensive hospice care experience:
- Hospice Medical Director
- Nurse Practitioners
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Registered Nurses (RN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- Medical Social Workers
- Pastoral Care and Counseling Professionals
- Specially Trained Volunteers
Our Medical Director and Nurses are on call around the clock to provide you with the support you need, when you need it.
Thank you for taking the burden that we were so afraid to hand over in such a gentle and caring way. This allowed us to have such peace knowing that the skill and care went towards my mom’s care.
Large patient rooms provide plenty of seating for family members, including a bay window with a window seat in each room. Lounge areas permit families to come together for private conversations in comfortable surroundings.
A well-stocked kitchen welcomes all to gather for a family meal. And family members can remain close and be comfortable as well – a private bathroom with full shower is available specifically for their use.
The Leo Center also has a dedicated meditation room that features a beautiful stained glass wall conducive to quiet reflection.
Other features of the Leo Center for Caring include:
- Private rooms with comfortable furnishings
- TV, telephone, CD player and private bathroom with shower in each room
- Physician supervision and coverage for each patient
- Around-the-clock visiting privileges for family members
- Overnight accommodations and food service available for family members
- Comfortable living area with kitchen
- Computer with Internet access
- Complimentary wi-fi for family members
- Special support services as needed