Skilled Nursing Visitation Update – 9.15.20
On September 15, 2020, the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) issued revised guidance on allowing limited visitation in nursing homes. The guidance states that nursing homes may resume limited visitation where there has been at least 14 days from the last resident or staff member testing positive for COVID-19.
St. Ann’s Home, Wegman Care Center, and St. Ann’s Care Center Visitation Policy:
- Residents must be “green” and not be under observation for or pending a COVID-19 test.
- All visitors, with exception to end-of-life and compassionate care, must present a verified negative COVID-19 test result dated within seven (7) days of their scheduled visit. The date of the test collection must also be within seven (7) days of their scheduled visit.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 which includes a temperature check at the start of the visit.
- Visitors must wear a surgical face mask and face shield at all times during the visit. Face shields will be provided to visitors upon arrival and should be returned before departure.
- Visitors must practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet apart from residents.
- Visitors must practice frequent hand hygiene, either by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (recommended) or the use of a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- For residents who are bed-bound, limited visitation may be permitted in the resident’s room and not any other community areas, with visitors adhering to the same policies as outlined above.
- Visitors who fail to comply with the visitation policies will be asked to leave the St. Ann’s campus.
Testing Sites & Information
To find COVID-19 testing sites located near you, please visit:
If you go to a test site run by New York State, there is never any charge for your test. If you go to a test site operated by local governments, private companies including pharmacies and medical practices or not-for-profit organizations, you are advised to check with the testing site and your insurer in advance of being tested to confirm you will not be responsible for any fees associated with your test.
How to Schedule a Visit
To schedule a visit with a resident of St. Ann’s Home or Wegman Care Center in Irondequoit, please contact Rachel Brennan, Visitation Coordinator, via email at [email protected] or via phone at 585-697-6381.
To schedule a visit with a resident of St. Ann’s Care Center in Webster, please contact your resident’s buddy. If you’re not sure who your resident’s buddy is, please contact your resident’s social worker.
If any of our nursing home locations experiences a resident or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19, visitation at that location will be suspended immediately for 14 days per NYS DOH guidelines.
To review the complete guidance issued by the DOH, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/facilities/nursing/docs/2020-09-15_nursing_facility_visitation.pdf.
To stay informed of any changes to the visitation policies, please tune into the weekly COVID update Zoom call for families. Information for these meetings listed below:
Topic: COVID Update
Time: Mondays each week at 12 noon
Meeting ID: 897 110 733
Two ways to join the meeting:
1) From your phone:
Dial 1-646-558-8656. When prompted, enter the Meeting ID: 897 110 7332
2) From your computer:
Copy or enter the following link in the Internet Browser https://zoom.us/j/897110733.
When prompted, enter the Meeting ID: 897 110 733
***This is a broadcast conference call; there will not be an opportunity to ask questions on the call. However, we encourage questions be sent to [email protected] to be answered during the weekly call.