Updated Social Visit Policy | 3.26.2021
UPDATED SOCIAL VISIT POLICY BASED ON NEW YORK STATE GUIDANCE ISSUED MARCH 2021 EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 29 2021
Any social outing/visit should be preplanned. Family members wishing to take any elder out of the nursing home should:
- Call the nurse manager to ensure nursing home caregivers are aware of the plan.
- Discuss with the nurse manager any care needs you might have including
- Medications needed to administer during the time of the social visit
- Training regarding care provision (trips to the bathroom etc.) that might be needed during the time of the social visit to ensure a safe and stress free visit.
- Let your nurse manager know what time and day you plan to do the visit.
Once the visit is concluded and the Elder has returned to St. Ann’s Community, the following procedure will occur:
- If the Elder has been vaccinated:
- No quarantining is necessary (unless the Elder refuses testing).
- Weekly COVID testing IS necessary for two weeks following the visit.
- If an Elder refuses the testing, quarantine will be imposed for 14 days on “yellow” precautions.
- If the Elder has not been vaccinated:
- 14 day quarantine on “yellow” precautions.