St. Ann’s Community to host FOOD FIGHT – An Epic Culinary Competition on Friday, September 13
Posted on September 3, 2019
St. Ann’s Community will host its signature fundraising event, FOOD FIGHT – An Epic Culinary Competition, on Friday, September 13th, 2019 beginning at 6:00 pm at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center. Returning as this year’s emcee will be radio personality, Bill Moran.
The event is a timed cooking competition between four local chefs. They will have 30 minutes to create an entrée from a mystery basket of ingredients that they won’t see until the clock starts. This year’s competing chefs are:
• Todd Klugh, Executive Chef, St. Ann’s Community at Chapel Oaks in Irondequoit
• Michael Macri, Executive Chef, Genesee Valley Club in Rochester
• Jeffory McLean, Private Culinary Concierge/Instructor, New York Kitchen in Canandaigua
• Sarah Riegal, Sous Chef, Next Door by Wegmans in Pittsford
The judging panel is comprised of local celebrity chefs and “foodies.” This year’s judges are:
• Kimberly Roth, Executive Sushi Chef who competed on Gordon Ramsay’s “Hell’s Kitchen” and two-time FOOD FIGHT champion
• Ellen Adams, professional chef who competed on Food Network’s “Chopped” and competed in FOOD FIGHT 2017 and 2018
• Stephanie Hanna, content creator of Sip & Savour Rochester
• Josh Miles, President of SCN Hospitality and Food and Beverage Director of The Strathallan Hotel
Funds raised through FOOD FIGHT will benefit Annie’s Angel Fund which supports quality of life initiatives for residents of St. Ann’s Community. In addition to the cooking competition, there will be a live auction, cash call, People’s Choice award, and new this year – The 5th Plate Competition where four lucky winners will have the opportunity to taste the culinary creations from the evening.
Tickets for FOOD FIGHT are available by contacting the Foundation Office at 585-697-6321 or visiting www.stannscommunity.com/foodfight.