A Week-long Celebration of Mothers To Take Place at St. Ann’s Community
Posted on May 8, 2020
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10th. Typically one of the busiest holidays for family visits, garden stores, and restaurants, the holiday will look much different this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
At St. Ann’s Community, gifts for Mom, including fresh flowers, are stacking up. Families have been encouraged to send care packages ahead of time due to the three day mail and package quarantine, and our storage areas are filled with brightly colored packaging and gift baskets with bows.
With restricted visitation, everyone at St. Ann’s has made it a priority to make this holiday special for elders and families everywhere. We are so proud to be part of the amazing celebrations planned throughout our communities:
- St. Ann’s Home – Moms will be gifted a bouquet of freshly cut flowers as well as a flowering succulent. Moms will enjoy homemade heart-shaped doughnuts, citrus mimosas, and freshly brewed coffee. On Sunday, May 10th at 10 a.m., we will be streaming Sunday Mass on channel 28. After Mass, Dawn Chmiel will be performing from the Chapel. Anyone can view the Mass and entertainment by tuning into the St. Ann’s Community Facebook page, where the Mother’s Day events will be livestreamed. See details below.
- Wegman Care Center – A bouquet of freshly cut flowers and a flowering succulent will be gifted to our WCC mothers, and they will have the opportunity to enjoy a mimosa and muffin bar. Residents can enjoy Sunday Mass on channel 28 at 10 a.m., followed by a musical performance from Dawn Chmiel. Check out and enjoy the broadcasted Mass on St. Ann’s Facebook page!
- St. Ann’s Community at Cherry Ridge – Flowers and cards will be given to all residents in recognition of Mother’s Day. Mothers will be celebrating from a distance over muffins, mimosas, or tea served in a china tea cup. A special Mother’s Day dinner will be served. On Sunday, May 10th at 10 a.m., our Mother’s Day car parade will begin and go throughout the entire Cherry Ridge campus, so get your decorations and signs ready!
- St. Ann’s Community at Chapel Oaks – Handmade tissue paper flowers will adorn apartment doors, celebratory meals with beer or wine will be delivered to resident’s apartments, and lawn signs from families and friends will appear outside resident’s windows. Sunday Mass will be broadcast on Channel 28 at 10 a.m. from the Chapel.
- St. Ann’s Community at The Greens – Families, friends, and staff will gather on Mother’s Day for a celebratory car parade to cheer for the ones we call, “Mom.” Cars will begin to line up at 10:10 am. Get your vehicle decorated and signs ready for all of the mothers! Families and residents will enjoy pre-planned resident window visits.
Everyone can join our livestream Mass from St. Ann’s Chapel on Mother’s Day. Click here, to join on Sunday, May 10th, at 10:00 a.m. Stay tuned for music following mass at 11:00 am with Dawn Chmiel.
Mother’s Day festivities made possible by the Foundation’s Annie’s Angel Fund
We wish everyone a safe and loving Mother’s Day!