What other steps have you taken to protect residents?
We have done the following:
- Assembled a core team of physicians, nurses and care providers to monitor the virus’s spread and obtain updated guidance from the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Followed infection prevention protocols and best health practices as we do throughout the year. This includes hand washing, wearing gloves and using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensured we have sufficient supplies to care for anyone exposed to or ill from the virus including specialized masks, gowns, gloves, eye shields, and disinfecting solutions.
- Educated staff on how the virus is spread and how to minimize risk.
- Worked with our Environmental Services team to coordinate extensive and frequent cleanings of resident rooms, common areas, and facilities.
- Limited access to our buildings and required screening of anyone who enters.