Are residents safe at St. Ann’s Community?
We are taking every precaution possible to safeguard those entrusted to our care as well as their families and our employees. We have taken specific steps to guard against the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Centers for Disease Control. We will continue following their guidance and the direction of our highly experienced medical team to protect those in our care to the best of our ability. That is our top priority.
Are you accepting new admissions?
Yes. Please call our Admissions Department at (585) 697-6311 if you need assistance or have questions.
Are you still offering tours of your community?
Unfortunately, we cannot have guests to our campus at this time. To help you feel comfortable, we are happy to discuss your questions by phone or e-mail, as well as share information by mail. We can even meet with you in your own home to talk about our community if you’d like. We also have virtual tours available on our website.
What other steps have you taken to protect residents?
We have done the following:
- Assembled a core team of physicians, nurses and care providers to monitor the virus’s spread and obtain updated guidance from the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Followed infection prevention protocols and best health practices as we do throughout the year. This includes hand washing, wearing gloves and using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensured we have sufficient supplies to care for anyone exposed to or ill from the virus including specialized masks, gowns, gloves, eye shields, and disinfecting solutions.
- Educated staff on how the virus is spread and how to minimize risk.
- Worked with our Environmental Services team to coordinate extensive and frequent cleanings of resident rooms, common areas, and facilities.
- Limited access to our buildings and required screening of anyone who enters.
Do you have adequate staffing?
We are confident at this point that our staffing coverage is appropriate to serve our residents. Also, we continue to recruit and hire new staff.
Are St. Ann's Adult Day Programs Open?
St. Ann’s Adult Day Program at Durand Senior Apartments is currently open 5 days per week! For more information on our Adult Day Program, call (585) 450-8086.
What are the various methods being utilized to communicate current updates with residents’ families?
- Specific questions can be sent to COVIDQuestions@mystanns.com and our team will respond as soon as we are able.
- You may also continue to call any of our locations as you would normally. Please refer to the Contact Us page on our website for the location or department you wish to connect with.
- We have sent letters via regular mail which traditionally has been our main method of communication. However with information changing so rapidly, we will use email as the main source of updated information.
Will residents still receive their scheduled medical visits from their providers?
Regular visits for skilled nursing residents will continue to be conducted by our Medical team.
Will residents still go to their outside medical appointments?
The medical team has reviewed all outside appointments for our residents. If the appointment is deemed essential, it has not been canceled and the resident will leave the St. Ann’s Community with a protective mask. If the appointment was deemed not medically necessary, it has already been canceled and will be rescheduled once the greatest risk in our community has passed.
Are you allowing visitors?
Yes, visitation is allowed. For current visitation policy and FAQ, visit HERE.
What does screening involve?
Before anyone can enter the building, they will be screened. We are screening everyone including staff and essential vendors. Screening involves a risk assessment questionnaire and a temperature check before entry.
How are you addressing residents’ social and emotional needs?
We continue to provide Life Enrichment programs for our residents but in a different manner in the interest of safety. Group activities and performances where members of the outside public are involved have been canceled until further notice. However, as we do every day, our staff are leading activities that will keep residents engaged and connected.
Although large-scale events have been suspended, our staff are providing programs for small groups (fewer than 5 residents) and individuals to meet their interests and needs. This allows residents to stay on their floors and in their households, socializing with those they ordinarily interact with. Innovation and spontaneity have already taken place; from impromptu birthday celebrations to dance parties in the dining room, we are working together to continue normalcy for our residents.
With visitation being so limited, we have created opportunities for social interaction and engagement. We have a new program for residents in skilled nursing called the Buddy Program. Every resident has been paired with a staff member who will visit frequently and help keep in touch with family through video chat or a simple phone call. It’s a friendly visit for both residents and staff! And of course as always, you can call your loved one any time of day.
Are you still holding mass?
At St. Ann’s Home and Wegman Care Center, religious services will be celebrated and broadcast in resident’s rooms on channel 28. The Pastoral Care Staff will continue to visit and support the spiritual needs of our elders.
Can I drop off a package for a resident?
Yes, we are now accepting flowers and care packages for residents.
Can residents still receive mail?
Yes, residents can still receive mail.
Is the St. Ann’s Home Gift Shop/Cafe Rizzo still open?
Yes, it will continue to be open with modified hours and is currently open for residents and staff members only at this time.
What if I prefer to do my loved one’s laundry?
St. Ann’s Community is handling laundry for all skilled nursing and assisted living residents.
How do I pay my resident bill?
At this time we are requesting you pay your bill by mail. Send payment to St. Ann’s Community, 1500 Portland Ave., Rochester NY 14621 ATTN: Business Office. If you will like a receipt mailed back to you, please indicate this.