Are residents safe at St. Ann’s Community?
We are taking every precaution possible to safeguard those entrusted to our care as well as their families and our employees. We have taken specific steps to guard against the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Centers for Disease Control. We will continue following their guidance and the direction of our highly experienced medical team to protect those in our care to the best of our ability. That is our top priority.
Are you accepting new admissions?
Yes. New admissions are required to be quarantined for 14 days, including having meals delivered to their apartments. Delivery fees are currently being waived. Please call the Marketing Representative at the community of your choice if you need assistance or have questions.
Are you still offering tours of your community?
St. Ann’s Community is welcoming scheduled appointments and tours of Cherry Ridge, Chapel Oaks, and The Greens with social distancing and safety measures in place. We also offer private video tours.
To schedule a safe personal tour, please contact:
Josie Dipisa, Chapel Oaks Marketing Representative: 585-697-6606
Brian Burger, Cherry Ridge Marketing Representative: 585-697-6702
Kim Pasquale, The Greens Director: 585-468-2740
What other steps have you taken to protect residents?
We have done the following:
- Assembled a core team of physicians, nurses and care providers to monitor the virus’s spread and obtain updated guidance from the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Followed infection prevention protocols and best health practices as we do throughout the year. This includes hand washing, wearing gloves and using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensured we have sufficient supplies to care for anyone exposed to or ill from the virus including specialized masks, gowns, gloves, eye shields, and disinfecting solutions.
- Educated staff on how the virus is spread and how to minimize risk.
- Worked with our Environmental Services team to coordinate extensive and frequent cleanings of resident rooms, common areas, and facilities.
- Limited access to our buildings and required screening of anyone who enters.
Do you have adequate staffing?
We are confident at this point that our staffing coverage is appropriate to serve our residents. Also, we continue to recruit and hire new staff.
What are the various methods being utilized to communicate current updates with residents’ families?
- Specific questions can be sent to COVIDQuestions@mystanns.com and our team will respond as soon as we are able.
- You may also continue to call any of our locations as you would normally. Please refer to the Contact Us page on our website for the location or department you wish to connect with.
- We have sent letters via regular mail which traditionally has been our main method of communication. However with information changing so rapidly, we will use recently collected email addresses to send important updates to you.
- Please visit our website often as an additional source of valuable information.
Will residents still go to their outside medical appointments?
St. Ann’s Community transportation services are temporarily suspended. Please contact your medical provider for all routine or scheduled appointments. Should your provider indicate that the appointment is essential, you will need to arrange for transportation to the appointment.
Will residents still receive their scheduled medical visits from their providers?
Truly essential medical visits are encouraged, the provider will go through our normal screening process upon entry.
What does screening involve?
Before anyone can enter the building, they will be screened. We are screening everyone including staff and essential vendors. Screening involves a risk assessment questionnaire and a temperature check before entry.
Is visitation allowed throughout our Independent Living communities?
Yes, visitation will be limited to designated areas, as defined by St. Ann’s Community. Visits must be scheduled in advance, and all visitors will be screened upon arrival. Visitors are asked to wear a face mask, practice social distancing and frequent hand washing. Please call your community for the most recent visitation information.
Can a resident in Independent or Assisted living leave the campus whenever he or she wants?
All residents have the right to leave a St. Ann’s Community for any reason. However, for the protection of all individuals, residents are strongly encouraged to stay at home, and to attend only essential medical appointments. Residents leaving any building will be screened upon their return.
Is anything being done to monitor residents who live independently for symptoms of COVID-19?
Residents living independently are encouraged to call their provider if they are having any symptoms of a virus. Residents are also encouraged to take their temperature daily. Should a resident not have access to a thermometer or need assistance taking their temperature, they may have that done for them at our screening desk once daily.
How are you addressing residents’ social and emotional needs?
We continue to provide Life Enrichment programs for our residents but in a different manner and in the interest of safety. Although large-scale events have been suspended, our staff are providing programs for small groups (fewer than 5 residents) and individuals to meet their interests and needs. Games, exercise, and other social events are still taking place in settings that promote safe social distancing and encourage activity and wellness.
What should an independent living resident do if he or she develops any symptoms?
A resident experiencing symptoms should self-quarantine in their unit, notify their medical provider and notify their building director.
Are you still holding mass?
All religious services have been canceled. We are offering small prayer groups, individual community and mass on television.
Can I drop off a package for a resident?
We are now accepting flowers and care packages for residents. Families will be allowed in the building but only to the designated screening checkpoint for drop off; please use the main entrance or look for the signs that will direct you to the appropriate entrance.
Flowers will have the plastic wrapping removed and anything that can be wiped down (vases, etc.) will be wiped with a disinfecting wipe before delivering to the resident.
We are still asking that care packages be limited to essential items only. Items that can be wiped down will be wiped with a disinfecting wipe before being brought up to the resident. Buddies can help residents put things away as needed. If there are food items you have concerns or questions about, please consult your Dietician.
How do I pay my bill?
At this time we are requesting you pay your bill by mail. Send payment to St. Ann’s Community, 1500 Portland Ave., Rochester NY 14621 Attn: Business Office. If you will like a receipt mailed back to you, please indicate this. We also have the ability to accept ACH payments. Ask the concierge at your community for an ACH form to set up your automatic payments today!
What if I prefer to do my loved one’s laundry?
St. Ann’s Community is handling laundry for all skilled nursing and assisted living residents.
Are restaurants and dining locations open?
Yes, there are a variety of dining options in our independent living communities. Please know we have implemented many new safety procedures and continue to follow guidelines from the Department of Health. We are here to make your dining experience enjoyable and are looking forward to seeing you soon. Meal pick-up and delivery are also an option.
What’s the best way for a resident to safely get groceries or other supplies while minimizing community contact?
Grocery delivery from local stores is a great option for residents. Some local delivery options include:
- Hegedorn’s in Webster – Call 585-671-4450 prior to 11 am and ask for Grocery Delivery (Cherry Ridge Only).
- Wegmans – There are Wegmans stores near both Chapel Oaks and Cherry Ridge. Set up an account at www.wegmans.com and follow the instructions provided by the website. Wegmans’ site also allows family members to set up and place orders for their loved ones.
- Instacart services are available near all St Ann’s Communities. Call 1-888-246-7822 or set up an account using the Instacart app on your device. Instacart also allows family members to set up and place orders for their loved ones.
Please note that apartment residents at any St. Ann’s Community should instruct their family member or the delivery service to drop their groceries in the foyer of the apartment building. More specific questions can be directed to the Resident Services personnel for your community.
Are Beauty Shop service available?
The Beauty Shop in every location is temporarily closed.
Can residents still receive mail?
Yes, residents can still receive mail.