Assisted Living Visitation Update – 9.9.20
On September 9, 2020, the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH) issued revised guidance on allowing limited visitation in assisted living facilities. The guidance states that assisted living facilities may resume limited visitation where there has been at least 14 days from the last resident or staff member testing positive for COVID-19.
The Glen Assisted Living and Rainier Grove Memory Care Visitation Policy:
- Residents must be “green” and not be under observation for or pending a COVID-19 test.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 which includes a temperature check at the start of the visit.
- Visitors must wear a surgical face mask and face shield at all times during the visit. Face shields will be provided to visitors upon arrival and should be returned before departure.
- Visitors must practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet apart from residents.
- Visitors must practice frequent hand hygiene, either by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (recommended) or the use of a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- For residents who are bed-bound, limited visitation may be permitted in the resident’s room and not any other community areas, with visitors adhering to the same policies as outlined above.
- Visitors who fail to comply with the visitation policies will be asked to leave the St. Ann’s campus.
Please note, testing is NOT required for assisted living facility visitors. Testing only applies to visitors for skilled nursing/nursing home facilities.
To schedule a visit with a resident of The Glen Assisted Living or Rainier Grove Memory Care, please contact the assisted living secretary at 585-697-6723.
If any of our assisted living locations experiences a resident or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19, visitation at that location will be suspended immediately for 14 days per NYS DOH guidelines.
To review the complete guidance issued by the DOH, please visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/09/health-advisory_adult-care-facilities-visitation-9-9-2020.pdf.
To stay informed of any changes to the visitation policies, please tune into the weekly COVID update Zoom call for families. Information for these meetings listed below:
Topic: COVID Update
Time: Mondays each week at 12 noon
Meeting ID: 897 110 733
Two ways to join the meeting:
1) From your phone:
Dial 1-646-558-8656. When prompted, enter the Meeting ID: 897 110 7332
2) From your computer:
Copy or enter the following link in the Internet Browser https://zoom.us/j/897110733.
When prompted, enter the Meeting ID: 897 110 733
***This is a broadcast conference call; there will not be an opportunity to ask questions on the call. However, we encourage questions be sent to [email protected] to be answered during the weekly call.